22 Days - Fully Guided
Patagonia - the scenery in this part of the world is just stunning. Think of Queenstown and Central Otago then multiply it by 100 - minus all the people. Just plain spectacular!
We start out by flying from Santiago to Temuco to visit Pucon with its spectacular setting on Lake Villarrica, with stunning Mt Villarrica as its backdrop. After a relaxing stop we travel overland through to the Lakes District - crystal clear lakes, spectacular and imposing glaciers, remote and magnificent national parks, all combined with endless snow-capped peaks of the Andes and not to mention the condors, flamingoes and abundant bird life.
One of the 'must sees' in this remote part of the world is the trip between Puerto Montt in Chile and Bariloche in Argentina. This trip takes us through perfectly conical shaped mountains, and around deep blue lakes by bus. It must make Mr Kodak smile as everyone is clicking away furiously.
Hike in the spectacular Fitzroy National Park amongst some of the most gorgeous mountain scenery in the world. Stay in the cute mountain town of el Chalten .
The glaciers of Perito Moreno in Los Glaciars National Park are an awesome sight with vibrant hues of blue and green and sculptured icebergs all different sizes.
Then into the stunning Torres del Paine National Park where its granite pillars soar almost vertically above the Patagonian steppe with turquoise lakes, roaring rivers, creeping glaciers and dense forests - a hikers paradise. Enjoy 3 nights right here in the park in our stunning eco lodge.
What really takes folk by surprise is the abundant wildlife, guanacos (from the camel family), foxes, condors by the score, flamingoes, rheas, penguins, seals, beavers, all in their natural habitat. Not to mention the geese, birds and ducks. Literally at the end of the world – Ushuaia, its setting is one of the most astounding in the world with jagged glacial peaks rising dramatically from sea level to 1500m.
Return home via Buenos Aires – explore the “Paris of the Americas“ and the opportunity for an optional side trip to the mighty Iguassu Falls.
The trip is limited to 14 people only. The tour costs are based on a minimum of 6 people travelling .
There are no 'hidden surprises' on arrival – here are the inclusion and exclusion details.
- All economy flights on scheduled airlines as per itinerary.
- All accommodation twin share with private bathroom (except Torres National Park - share facilities).
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 5 dinners.
- All transport costs,:taxis, buses, trains, etc.
- All transfers to/from airport, and train and bus stations.
- All entrance fees and sightseeing as per itinerary.
- All entrance fees into National Parks as per itinerary.
- Services of professional local English speaking guides.
- Services of professional Tour Manager.
- Pre-Departure Information Booklet plus complimentary map and phrase book.
- International flights to Santiago & back from Buenos Aires **
- Travel Insurance – mandatory for travel to South America.
- Medical costs – make sure your tetanus is up to date; no malarials required.
- See your Pre-Departure Information Booklet for suggested precautions.
- Food (for lunches & dinners on days where not included, allow USD$35 per day)
- Visas – no visas required for this spectacular journey.
- Tips & gratuities to local guides, allow US$200